Motorcycles provide you with a level of freedom car owners can only dream about. That being said, motorcycle accidents in Indiana can be catastrophic due to the open nature of these vehicles in relation to cars. It is important to follow certain safety rules if you are on the road on a regular basis in order to minimize your chances of getting into an accident.
Have you been injured in an Indiana motorcycle accident? Please call us today on 877-561-3004 for your free and confidential consultation so we can determine if you have a case.
Here are some motorcycle tips to help keep you safe on the road:
- Always wear a helmet regardless of the distance you’re traveling. Getting into an accident without a helmet will almost always result in you sustaining head trauma which may cause central nervous system complications.
- Always wear reflective clothing, whether day or night. This will allow the other road users to see you and give you some distance so you can maneuver through tight corners and spaces.
- Make it a habit of using the sides of the road and not the center since this area isn’t full of fuel oil spills and other things that may cause your bike to lose control should it come into contact with them.
- Look to the left and the right before performing a lane change or navigating a corner. Don’t always rely on side mirrors due to blind spots as well as refraction which may make objects appear closer.
- Stop every so often if you feel exhausted since fatigue will impair your ability to make smart decisions when on the road, making it more likely for an accident to occur.
Indiana Motorcycle Accident Help
Motorcycle accidents usually affect the bike rider more than the car. This is because you are not encased in a metal body and don’t have a seat belt which can buffer you from the impact of an accident. Head injuries, broken bones, internal bleeding, burns, broken noses, necks and spinal cord damage are all things motorcycle riders have to contend with. If you suspect that a vehicle driver’s inattention, negligence, aggressive driving or drunk driving was the cause of your injuries, you have every right to seek legal answers so you can get the compensation that you deserve. Please call us on 877-561-3004 for a full and free review of your case into Indiana motorcycle accidents. We look forward to serving you.