Halloween is fast approaching, and kids as well as adults all over the country are getting their costumes ready for the scariest night of the year. While this is a fun holiday where kids get free treats and indulge in harmless fun in the form of scary movies as well as theme parks, the risk of getting seriously injured is something many people don’t take into consideration.
Have you been injured at a commercial Halloween house in Indiana? You may be able to sue for money damages to cover things like hospital bills as well as emotional pain and suffering. Please call us today on 877-561-3004 for your free, confidential consultation.
Commercial Halloween houses are a big hit for families that want to save themselves the time and effort it takes to fully deck their house in decorations such as ghouls, silly string, artificial webs and special lighting. These are usually situated in one central house in a cul-de-sac or near a residential area’s shopping center. The owners of these establishments make brisk business this one day of the year, and promise a good time without really taking into account your safety. In fact, it’s not uncommon for them to get you to sign a form which waives any blame on them should you get injured.
Anyone can get injured during Halloween in these houses in a number of ways:
- Children, after getting scared by an employee acting like a ghost or zombie who pops out from the floor underneath or behind a door will run for the nearest exit. If this exit isn’t clearly marked or too small for many people to pass through it, a stampede may ensue.
- Poorly constructed props may hit or fall on a person in the house, causing serious head, neck or back injuries
- Silly string placed on the floor or slippery goo left unattended inevitably lead to slip and fall within the house.
- Poorly lit stairways may lead to people come tumbling down, resulting in serious sprains or broken bones
- Overdoing the smoke machines may lead to instances of poor vision leading to falls, or even suffocation and asthma attacks for the young and others prone to this condition.
- Guard dogs may attack patrons, thinking they are intruders leading to serious wounds that can be infected, necessitating stitches, tetanus injections and surgery
Injured During Halloween in Indiana? Get Legal Help Today!
Commercial Halloween house owners are supposed to exercise reasonable caution by placing helpful safety signs around their house. In addition, they are supposed to clean up any spills as they occur, and make sure that there is an attendant for the young ones at all times to help guide them away from potentially dangerous situations. If you’ve been injured during Halloween in Indiana, you may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit. Please call us today on 877-561-3004 for more information into Halloween injuries. Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you.